How to Use Halve Your Bagel
Halve Your Bagel is a superior product that is greatly needed in our present day “bagel hungry” society. Halve Your Bagel will hold cold or warm bagels with any kind of toppings for ease of slicing. Just remember to follow the simple instructions and keep on safely slicing.
- Halve Your Bagel is used with a sharp serrated or carving knife.
- Always use caution when using sharp knives.
Read These Safety Instructions Before Using Halve Your Bagel®
- Never use a dull knife.
- Use a serrated bread or carving knife with a blade length 8″ or longer.
- Keep hands and fingers away from cutting and hinged areas.
- Always place unit on table or counter top – DO NOT OPERATE WHILE HOLDING IN HANDS.
- After inserting the bagel and knife, always place fingers and thumb on the “HOLD HERE” raised letters located between the arrows on the top outside of each half of the slicer before slicing.
- In the event your Halve Your Bagel becomes broken for any reason, do not attempt to use it, as it may not be safe.
- ALWAYS KEEP HANDS AND FINGERS ABOVE KNIFE.
NOTE: Bagels come in many different sizes. Halve Your Bagel was designed to hold most of them for slicing. Halve Your Bagel’s uniquely designed hinged sides open wide for larger bagels and close together against two upper stops for most other bagels, including most cocktail sized mini bagels.
When closed against the two stops, a 1/8″ wide slot is formed to guide the knife down the center of the bagel being sliced. When slicing a very large bagel the sides will not close against the stops, but against the bagel. This is how the unit was designed. To slice the larger bagels, place the knife blade on the top center of the bagel and slice as in fig. 3.
The base of Halve Your Bagel was precisely designed to be hard enough not to be cut through after years of normal non-commercial bagel slicing: and at the same time be soft enough not to dull your sharp knife. After your familiarization with this unit you will develop a feel as when your bagel is fully sliced, thus minimizing knife scoring marks.
1. Open sides wide enough to insert bagel.
2. Place knife blade (sharp side down) between sides on top of bagel.
3. Place your fingers and thumb on the “HOLD HERE” raised letters located between the arrows on the top outside of each side of the slicer. Squeeze sides together until you feel a slight pressure on larger bagels and close against the two stops for all other smaller bagels. Slice the bagel using a sawing motion as you would when slicing bread.
NOTE: Applying too much pressure while slicing a larger bagel will cause the knife to bind while cutting the bagel.
Important: Do not use any abrasives or abrasive pads to clean Halve Your Bagel, as they will scratch the surface, detracting from the beauty of your unit. With it’s sanitary design, Halve Your Bagel can be placed in the TOP RACK ONLY of your dishwasher or can be washed in warm soapy water with a sponge of soft dish rag, rinsed, and turned upside down or sideways for air drying.
Halve Your Bagel contains NO springs, attachments, blades or any replacement parts that can break or wear out! Clever Concepts warrants this product to be free from defects in material and workmanship under normal household use for a period of one (1) year from date of original purchase. This warranty excludes all damages caused by accidents or misuse on the part of the user. Furthermore this warranty excludes all cosmetic damages including scratches, staining discolorations or any damage considered to be incidental or significant caused by normal use. Manufacturer assumes no liability of any nature whatsoever for injury to person or property of buyer, user or any other person. Other than the express warranty stated herein, the manufacturer makes no further warranties, express or implied.
Performance of any obligation under this warranty may be obtained by returning the warranted product, freight prepaid, along with proof of purchase date, to Clever Concepts, Warranty Service Department, 8945 Ellis Avenue, Los Angeles, California 90034-3380. If your unit is found to be defective in either material or workmanship it will be repaired or replaced at our option and returned to you prepaid.
This warranty gives you specific legal rights, and you may also have other rights, which may vary, from state to state.